How to Successfully Set Up Your Business in Australia
- December 25, 2020
- Zara Queen
Being a new mom is quite rewarding but it has its fair share of nightmares, and lack of sleep is the pinnacle. While it might be easier to put grown up kids to sleep, setting a sleep routine for your infant can be very challenging. All the nighttime feeding and fretting can render new moms exhausted and sleep deprived leading to eye bags and loss of all the face freshness.
If you are a new mom and you are having a hard time putting your baby to sleep, you are at the right place. We have rounded up some of the top tips that will help you putting your newborn to sleep and at the same time bag some sleep for yourself.
- Swaddle: Most newborn babies experience startle reflex actions during sleep which wakes them up. This reflex makes them feel as if they are free-falling and thus jerk during sleep causing them to wake up and fret. Tightly swaddling your baby gives your baby a sense of comforts and avoids the startle reflex. You can also simple put your baby into sleeping suits or sleeping bags exclusively designed to give your baby nighttime comfort and a sound undisturbed sleep.
- Dreamfeed Routine: Apart from sleep routines, setting feeding routines for your infants can also be very challenging. At most times newborns feed up to 15 times a day, including every hour or less during the night. Before you go to sleep yourself, feed your baby (wake him up and feed, if you have already put him to sleep), and then tuck the baby back in bed. This not only allows you a few good hours of sleep but also lets your baby sleep soundly on a full stomach.
- Set Sleeping Routines: Don’t let your baby sleep for longer stretches during the day. Allow a sleep for a maximum of 2 hours during the day and then wake the baby up for eat, play and diaper change. The lesser the baby sleeps during the day, the longer will be the nighttime sleep stretch.
- White Noise is Helpful: Putting a baby to sleep while the TV is still on or when there are people awake around your house can be challenging. Use white noise machine to muffle the voices in the surroundings or if not that, simply put a small portable fan near your baby’s crib, facing away from the baby. The fan works perfectly fine for muffling ambient noises.
- Change the Diapers Strategically: Since newborns feed many times a day, they are likely to poop twice or thrice a day and pee every time they feed. To ensure a sound sleep, make sure you change the diaper every 2 hours or earlier if needed. While giving them the last dreamfeed before putting them to bed for a longer stretch, change the diaper while the baby is still drowsy and After you have changed the diaper, give the dreamfeed to the baby so that he easily goes back to sleep.
That’s pretty much everything you need to know about baby sleep routines. Apart from sleep routines, bigger kids have their own set of problems ready for the parents to handle. Check out some more useful tips on how to keep your kids busy